Awards and Scholarships
2017 NCAB Award Recipients
Ms. Erin Straley
Richard L. Pierson Award
for Supervisors and Managers
Ms. Carrie Silver
William I. Gay Award
for Laboratory Animal Trainers
Dr. Jill Ascher
Joseph R. Held Award
for Clinical/Facility Laboratory Veterinarians
Ms. Donna Goldstein
Betty Fatzie Award
for NCAB Volunteer Service
Ms. Betty Fatzie was presented with a plaque to commemorate the naming of the new Betty Fatzie NCAB Volunteer Service Award.
Dr. LaTesa Hughes was presented with a plaque for her service as the 2017 NCAB President.
NCAB offers awards annually to honor members of the laboratory animal community for their outstanding performance and achievements.
- The NCAB Durbin Award recognizes an individual for their outstanding performance in providing animal husbandry care to enrich, enhance or improve the lives of laboratory animals.
- The NCAB Black Award recognizes an individual for their outstanding accomplishments in the delivery of veterinary and technical services to enhance the health and well-being of laboratory animals.
- The NCAB Pierson Award recognizes an individual for their outstanding accomplishments in administration, management, or the support of programs relating to the care, quality, or humane treatment of animals used in biomedical research.
- The NCAB Gay Award recognizes an individual for their outstanding contributions to the field of laboratory animal training and education.
- The NCAB Fatzie Award recognizes an individual who has shown dedication and service to the National Capital Area Branch by volunteer efforts, commitment of time and community impact.
- The NCAB Held Award is intended for Clinical or Facility Laboratory Animal Veterinarians. The award specifically excludes director of animal programs.
Use this form to nominate a colleague for an NCAB Award. This year's deadline is July 27.
Please send your nominations to Jan Linkenhoker, NCAB Awards Chair.
NCAB Certification Exam Scholarship
NCAB offers scholarships for AALAS laboratory animal certification tests, including the ALAT, LAT, LATG, and AR (the Animal Resource module of the CMAR certification).
Use this form to apply for a scholarship. There is no deadline and applications are accepted until the available funds are used.
Please submit your application to Jan Linkenhoker, NCAB Awards Chair.
AWARDS FROM OTHER ORGANIZATIONS
- Lab Products, Inc. - Lab Products Animal Technician Award
Nominations for the 15th Annual Lab Products Animal Technician Award are being accepted. This is intended to reward a deserving animal care technician from each of the 8 AALAS Districts and Canada with the opportunity to attend their first National AALAS Meeting.
Please read this newsletter for more information on the award and nomination process.
The deadline to receive nominations is June 22, 2018.
- LAMA - Laboratory Animal Management Association
Visit lama-online.org or contact email@example.com for more information. There are multiple awards, including:
- The Charles River Medallion
- The U. Kristina Stephens Award
- The William O. Umiker Memorial Award
- The Ron Orta Memorial Award
- The Special Service Award