- Sponsor training courses, workshops and seminars
- Promote exchange of information between persons working in the field of laboratory animal care.
- Promote improvements in the humane care and use of laboratory animals.
- Recognize outstanding person in the field of laboratory animals
- Provide current information on laboratory animal science to interested members of the general public, news media, or governmental organizations.
- Support other nonprofit organizations with similar goals.
NCAB / AALAS Council 2017
President- Dr. LaTesa Hughes
President Elect- Erika Wiltrout
Immediate Past President-Dr. Temeri Wilder-Kofie
Secretary-Daisy Khouri Saba
Treasurer Elect- Dave Mallon
District 3 Trustee- Dr. Larry Shelton
At-Large Trustee- Lisa Secrest
Ad Hoc- Melissa Marrah/ Mark Smith
Awards-Dr. Jan Linkenhoker/ Dr. Danielle Covington
Education-Claudine Bobb/ Nina Callaham
Seminar- Kim Faunce/ Dr. F. Salih Muhammad
Program-Bryan Beltran/ Erin Straley
Individual Membership-Dr. Theresa Meade/ Shanna Redfearn
Institutional Membership-Todd Matejovich/ Liz Kramer
Public Outreach-Dr. Tia Bobo/ Kristin Demuro
Publicity- Molly Romick
Nominations- Dr. Temeri Wilder-Kofie/ Curtis Black
Financial Advisory- Dr. Lauren Davidson
Government Relations- Dr. Bill Iverson/ Dr. Dawn Fitzhugh
Historian-Brooke Davis-Ritchie/ Jasmine Nelson
Technician Branch Representative-Vaneesha Ali
M. Information systems- Alisha Rhodes/ Philip Overton
Newsletter Editor- Ayo Fawibe